In this project you will design and make an ‘illuminated’ pop-up card. You will learn about different ways to communicate with lettering including ‘illustrative letters’ as well as how to manipulate forms using grids. You will practise the important skills of drawing and rendering, learn about pop-up mechanisms, and learn how to use ‘input devices’ and our graphics software packages.
Important things to remember.
1. Only design for ONE letter
2. You can draw in the letter yourself OR add it using the computer programme.
3. You must include a border that relates to your illumination theme.
4. You must work from real images NOT cartoons.
5. Limit the number of illustrations to no more than 5 separate images.